• Home
  • News
  • Trump Administration Revokes Harvard’s Ability to Enroll International Students
Image

Trump Administration Revokes Harvard’s Ability to Enroll International Students

The trump administration has escalated its confrontation with Harvard University by revoking its certification to enroll international students, a move that could impact thousands of scholars and disrupt one of America’s most prestigious academic institutions. Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem announced the decision on social media, framing it as a response to Harvard’s alleged failure to comply with federal laws.

Harvard swiftly denounced the action as “unlawful” and retaliatory, vowing to protect its diverse international community, which comprises 27% of its student body. The decision throws the futures of over 6,700 international students into uncertainty just days before graduation, with many fearing abrupt changes to their U.S. residency and work eligibility.

The conflict stems from a broader Trump administration crackdown on universities, demanding extensive records on international students and disciplinary actions. Harvard had previously resisted these demands, arguing they infringed on academic freedom. The revocation of its Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certification now requires affected students to transfer to maintain legal status unless Harvard complies within 72 hours.

International students, including those from Australia and Sweden, expressed frustration at being used as “poker chips” in a political battle. Meanwhile, a federal judge in California temporarily blocked similar visa revocations nationwide, signaling ongoing legal challenges to the administration’s policies.

As tensions between the White House and academia intensify, the decision raises questions about the future of global scholarship in the U.S. and the broader implications for academic freedom.

Releated Posts

$29 Billion in 60 Days: Iran War Cost 16% More Than US Estimate

The Pentagon told Congress on Tuesday that the cost of the war with Iran has climbed to nearly 29billion.Thatisabout29billion.Thatisabout4…

ByByNipuni Tharanga May 13, 2026

Trump’s Big China Visit: Trade, Iran and a High-Stakes Meeting

US President Donald Trump has started an important visit to China to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping. The…

ByByNipuni Tharanga May 13, 2026

Trump Warns Mideast Truce on ‘Life Support’, Iran Says Ready for Any Aggression

President Donald Trump warned on Monday that the ceasefire in the Middle East war is on “life support.”…

ByByNipuni Tharanga May 12, 2026

Hantavirus Myths vs Facts: 7 Myths You Should Stop Believing

Hantavirus is a rare but serious viral infection that has become a topic of fear. The World Health…

ByByNipuni Tharanga May 11, 2026

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *